Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for January 2017!
We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month, our projects showcase themes that are “from the heart.” This includes any of the following themes: Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well or Sympathy. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and we hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the lineup on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I was struggling to come up with an intricate super-fancy card to showcase after my long absence from my blog. I tried several things before realizing that what was important wasn’t coming up with something overly complicated, but rather that I was returning to something I love. And love should be simple.
So, for this sweet and simple expression of LOVE, I used items from the annual catalog (Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies), the Occasions catalog (Falling Petals Textured Impressions Embossing Folder) and the Sale-A-Bration brochure (Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack).
To make the card, I cut two flowers out using Thick Whisper White card stock and then stacked one on top of the other to give it some weight so I could lift it up with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I used my Aqua Pen to watercolor both the flower (Pink Pirouette) and the stem (Pear Pizzazz).
I cut the “love” sentiment out in both Whisper White and Pink Pirouette card stock and layered it as well, reversing the colors.
I love mixing and matching between catalogs or between new and retired products to stretch my creativity and get the greatest value from my Stampin’ Up! collection. By thinking outside the bundle/suite/stamping case, the possibilities are limitless!
I’m happy with this card, and I’m happy to be back blogging! I hope to share more creations with you over the coming months.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below.
We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Spaces
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping