Fluttering by with the June Pals Blog Hop!
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for June! This month we are excited to show off new Stampin’ Up! products from the just-released 2015 – 2016 annual catalog. We hope you find great inspiration from the projects. Get your wish list ready!
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards, number 16 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
Because I am in the middle of a move, I’ve held off ordering much from the new catalog. The thought of seeing all my goodies go untouched while I unpack and get situated is even more torture than I can handle!
But, the Watercolor Wings stamp set and coordinating Bold Butterfly Framelits bundle just kept calling my name. Because of its versatility in mixing and matching with the Butterfly Basics stamp set and Butterfly Thinlits Dies, it is a must-have for anyone who likes a good value. And I am all about a good value.
Which is why, in the midst of my unpacking, I found time to “procraftinate” long enough to create this card using my new set.
I decided to go with a round scalloped card using Mint Macaron, one of the new In Colors, as a card base.
I adore the English Garden Designer Series Paper, and after choosing one of my favorite patterns, decided to let the colors dictate my butterfly: Mint Macaron, Soft Suede and Mossy Meadow. I stamped my butterfly on vellum to give it a lighter look.
I really like the flip side to this pattern, so I decided to cut out one of the watercolor flowers in a Night of Navy and Hello Honey wash and adhered it with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the patterned layer.
I added Venetian Crochet Trim to lend a little bit of softness to the card without distracting from the butterfly.
The sentiment, also from Watercolor Wings, is stamped in Soft Suede directly onto the patterned paper.
I hope you liked the card. I can tell this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg with the combination of these two bundles. So many possibilities ahead!
The next stop is Susan Itell at Simple Stampin, number 18 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jennifer Michalski at stampingserenity.blogspot.com
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Deb Cozzone at Deb Cozzone’s Stamping Zone
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie <~~~ You are here!
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Jessica Wilson at My Papercraft Universe
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon