Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May where we are preparing for the retirement of some Stampin’ Up! products!
Though it may be goodbye to some very loved supplies, it will make room for the much anticipated new catalog products. We hope you enjoy the Pals’ creative projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty number 27 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
I thought it would be only fitting to give the retiring 201-2015 In Colors a proper sendoff by making a gift enclosure card in each color using retiring stamps, embellishments, papers and tools. Making the 3 x 3 cards was a first for me, and I enjoyed it so much that I plan on making more.
The biggest challenge was that since I restarted my stamping hobby around Sale-A-Bration time and ordered heavily from the Occasions catalog, I didn’t have a lot of stamps on the retiring list.
I know! Not a bad problem to have.
Here”s the group shot of what I came up with. The card bases are made with the retiring In Colors: Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe.
Below: The products I used for the exterior of the Strawberry Slush card on the left include: Hello Love stamp set, 2013-2015 In Color Sequin Assortment, Top Note Bigz Die, All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack, Word Bubbles Framelits Dies and Essentials Paper Piercing set. For the Pistachio Pudding card I used the Hello There stamp set, All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack, 2013-2015 In Color Sequin Assortment and the Decorative Label Punch.
I also decorated the inside of these two cards, using the retiring Modern Label and Window Word punches on the Strawberry Slush card.
Below: For the Coastal Cabana card on the left, I used the Tape It and Chalk Talk stamp sets, stamping five Washi patterns using a retiring In Color for each one. The Strawberry Slush Thick Baker’s Twine anchors the “Happy Big Day” sentiment stamped in Coastal Cabana and cut out with the coordinating Chalk Talk Framelits.
The Baked Brown Sugar card features a sentiment from Hello Love that I embossed In white and surrounded with a Whisper White ribbon punched using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.
The Crisp Cantaloupe card features the small flower from the Hello There stamp set embossed in Calypso Coral. A Pistachio Pudding ribbon punched from the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch is adhered across the bottom. The “For You” sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and is cut using the coordinating Bitty Banners Framelits.
I hope you enjoyed my projects!
The next stop is Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space number 29 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
1. Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
2. Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
3. Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
4. Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
5. Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps!
6. Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
7. Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
9. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
10. Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
11. Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
12. Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
13. Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
14. Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
15. Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
16. Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
17. Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
18. Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
19. Amy Hoptay at Inking of You <http://inkingofyou.com>
20. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
21. Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
22. Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
23. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
24. Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
25. Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
26. Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
27. Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
28. Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
29. Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
30. Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
31. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
32. Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery