Welcome to the March Pals Blog Hop where we are celebrating spring! This month we are featuring spring-related projects for Mother’s Day, Easter or any other occasion that celebrates winter coming to an end.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Here in Bozeman, Montana, we do a lot of seed sharing. This is partly because many people here are into being sustainable and growing their own food as much as possible. The other reason is because with our 10-day growing season (give or take 100 days), when we find something that grows well here, we like to spread the word — or the seeds, as it were.
I was thinking how neat it would be to make a seed packet that I could give to friends instead of the usual plastic baggie. And, taking that thought a little further, what if that seed packet were a card, too? Hmm…
I realized the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits from Stampin’ Up! would be a perfect seed packet. Sticking with my garden theme, I chose colors, patterns and embellishments that made me want to get outdoors: Hello Honey, Garden Green, honeycomb, sunshine, a yellow flower.
After I cut and assembled the treat bag, I noticed a Berry Basket on my table that I had made a few days earlier. On a whim, I tried to fit the bag into the basket, but it was a little too wide. So, I made another and cut the width of the larger section an inch and it fit! While I wasn’t planning to use the basket for this project, I thought there might be a berry basket filled with seed packets in my future. (Hint, hint!)
I scored the treat bag across the top with my Simply Scored tool to make it easier to fold.
Next, I stamped the word SEEDS with Crumb Cake ink onto Whisper White card stock using the Sophisticated Serfis stamp set and hand cropped it into a banner. I used Baked Brown Sugar card stock to outline the Whisper White banner and stapled both to my seed packet.
I wanted something across the top of the banner, so I pulled out my Venetian Crochet Trim and glued it down. I then placed a mini flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack in the center of the trim using a Glue Dot. I embellished the center of the flower with a Candy Dot.
Using my Honeycomb TIEF, I embossed a piece of Hello Honey card stock, rounded the corners and wrapped some Linen Thread around it.
Next, I adhered the Honeycomb layer to a Crumb Cake card base and rounded those corners, as well.
It turns out, I liked the way my (experimental) thinner treat bag fit onto my card because you can see a little more of the honeycomb pattern behind it, so I decided to use it instead of a full-size one.
Then, because I had been dying to use my From the Garden set, I chose the pick and the square mini tag to add a couple of sentiments, stamped in Garden Green, of course.
I love this seed packet card and can’t wait to make more to share with friends!
The next stop is Beth Beard at My little craft blog on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month!
And here’s the full Blog Hop lineup in case you get lost along the way:
- 1. Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- 2. Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- 3. Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- 4. Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- 5. Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- 6. Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- 7. Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- 8. Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- 9. Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- 10. Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- 11. Natalie Bradley at Soiree by Natalie Bradley
- 12. Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- 13. Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- 14. Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- 15. Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- 16. Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- 17. Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- 18. Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- 19. Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- 20. Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- 21. Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- 22. Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- 23. Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- 24. Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- 25. Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- 26. Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- 27. Benjaman Turner at He Stamps
- 28. Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- 29. Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- 30. Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- 31. September Gray at septembergray.com
- 32. Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- 33. Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- 34. Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- 35. Brian King at Stamp with Brian
Items used in my project: