Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop!
Today’s hop is filled with projects inspired by the Stampin’ Up!’s retiring 2015-2017 In Color Collection — our tributes to Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder! We’ve really enjoyed playing with these amazing colors over the past two years and we are excited to share our creations with you today.
After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I remember the day these In-Colors were revealed. I immediately fell head over heels in love with Tip Top Taupe and there wasn’t even a close second among the other colors — especially Mint Macaron since I generally prefer earthy, rich tones over pastels.
But, who would have guessed that I ended up using my Mint Macaron card stock, ink and markers so much more than any other color from the group?
So this is my ode to Mint Macaron, the color I never saw coming but I hate to see leaving. And a nod to Tip Top Taupe, a grand love affair that ended up in the friend zone.
To make this card, I used:
- Swirly Bird stamp set and coordinating Thinlits Dies
- Sentiment from Basket Bunch stamp set
- Petal Burst TIEF
- Different patterns from the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper
- Card stock: Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe, Thick Whisper White
- Ink: Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group and you won’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Wendy Cranford at Luvin’ Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie <~~~~ You are here!
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie